We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you have trouble with your Apple AirPods or want to sell them, you should reset them to factory settings. In this article, you will learn how to reset AirPods, AirPods 2, AirPods Max, or AirPods Pro.
The Apple AirPods are a pair of wireless earphones that are designed and manufactured by Apple. These have a built-in microphone, accelerometer, and optical sensor.
The Apple AirPods can be charged with the included charging case. This case has a built-in battery that can charge for more than 24 hours of listening time or 15 hours of talk time on the go.
How AirPods Work
The Apple AirPods have sensors to detect when they are in your ear, so they will play automatically when you put them on. You can connect your Apple AirPods to your iPhone and iPhone X wirelessly via Bluetooth.
The Apple AirPods that you own are automatically connected to your iCloud account, so even if you have paired with only one device (say your computer), the other devices will still be able to recognize it.
You can also switch the Bluetooth connection by going to the ‘Bluetooth Settings’ of your iPhone option which will show any nearby devices that are logged into your iCloud account.
How To Fix Battery Drain Issue
Apple AirPods is a great product. They are easy to use and provide a seamless experience for the user. However, there is one problem that many users face with them – battery drain issues.
This article will tell you how to fix the battery drain issue and make them work like new again.
- First, you need to put your Apple AirPods in their case, then plug the case into the power source with a Lightning cable.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Take them out from the case and wait for 3 seconds before putting them back in their charging case again.
- Repeat steps 1-3 two more times.
How to Reset AirPods?
It is possible by following these steps:
- Put the Apple AirPods back in the charging case and close it with a snap.
- Wait about 30 seconds.
- Open the lid of your charging case.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the More Info (i) icon next to your AirPods. (If you don’t see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth, just go to the next step.)
- Tap Forget This Device and tap again to confirm.
- Please open the lid and press & hold the setup button on the back of your case for about 15 seconds, until the status light starts flashing amber, then white.
- Reconnect your Apple AirPods: With your AirPods in their case and the lid open, place them near your iPhone. You’ll see clear instructions on your screen.
How to Reset AirPods Name and Remove AirPods Apple ID
It can be frustrating when you accidentally mix up the names of your AirPods, and you have to go through the whole process of pairing them again with your device.
The good news is, that there is a way to set a new name for your Apple AirPods. All you need is a computer or laptop with iTunes installed on it and a USB cable to connect your phone to it. Follow these steps:
- Open iTunes on your computer
- Connect your iPhone to the computer
- Click on “iTunes” in the top left corner
- Click “Restore Backup” in the drop-down menu
- Select an old backup from
How to Remove Pairing
Apple can’t remove the pairing lock for you. But you can do this on your own. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- On the left side of the screen, tap Pairing Lock.
- On the right side of the screen, tap Remove Pairing Lock.
- Tap OK.
- When prompted, enter your passcode.
- Tap OK again.
How to Reset AirPods Without Case
Resetting AirPods without the case is not possible.
If you need to reset your Apple AirPods, make sure that the AirPods are in the Charging Case, and then hold down both buttons on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds. See the instructions above.
Can AirPods Be Tracked if Reset?
Apple AirPods is one of the most popular wireless earphones in the market. They are lightweight, compact, and easy to carry around. This has made them a target for thieves and burglars.
The Apple AirPods come with a security feature that allows you to locate them on a map if they are lost or stolen. However, if you have reset your AirPods, then this feature will not work anymore. The only way to regain this functionality is by pairing it with your iPhone again.
Why Can’t Reset AirPods Pro?
Despite being a newly released product, there are already some problems that AirPods Pro users are having. One of the most common problems is resetting the earbuds.
A lot of Apple AirPods Pro users have been reporting that they can’t reset the earbuds even when they follow the instructions on Apple’s website. This is a significant problem because, without it, Apple AirPods Pro won’t be able to connect to your phone or other devices.
The main reason for this issue is that many people have been using AirPods before and have not properly reset them before using them again with their new iPhone.
If you’re having issues with your AirPods, there are several things you can try before you need to take it to an Apple store.
If the problem still persists, you may have a hardware issue with your device. Contact Apple Support and request that they replace it.
Disclosure: I may receive affiliate compensation for some of the links below at no cost to you if you decide to purchase a paid plan. You can read our affiliate disclosure in our Disclosure. This site is not intending to provide financial advice. This is for entertainment only.